Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware and algorithms. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.We are seeking a Silicon Package Development Engineer to join our silicon team. We are building a competency in Packaging technology to support the development of custom silicon for AR/VR hardware as well as to develop Packaging solutions that are optimal for our device ID and system level performance.Responsibilities
- Develop advanced packaging solutions for Facebook custom silicon involving 2.5D and 3D stacking technologies suitable for consumer hardware products – applications could include novel ways of integrating SoC and Memory or other functions.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with internal silicon, architecture, and system teams and externally engaged partners, design houses and OSAT’s to support architecture, performance and form factor requirements for the product.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in advanced silicon packaging or similar disciplines
- Hands-on design, architecture or development experience in 3D stacking technologies like TSV and hybrid bonding with application to a product
- Master’s or PhD degree in engineering
- Experience and track record to take products from concept to prototyping and production
- Experience with package design tools, SI/PI and finite element modeling methodology
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.