Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR potential to change the world is immense -- and were just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Facebook Reality Labs products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural input and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Are you a Software Engineer with a deep C++ skillset and a passion for exploring and solving challenging computer vision and image processing problems? You’re also a 3D math whiz with a background in real time systems such as computer graphics, physics engines or robotics? You love solving novel problems from first principles? You're always on the lookout for better, faster, and more efficient solutions? We encourage you to apply.Responsibilities
- Invent, analyze, design, develop and optimize real time VR and AR computer vision algorithms in areas related to 3D reconstruction, SLAM, object detection and tracking, sensor fusion and camera calibration
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR and VR problem solving
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- 3 or more years C++ experience and used in the last 2 years, including modern C++ features
- Proven track record of software development, including shipping one or more products
- Problem solving and optimization experience
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Expertise in Physics, Optics, Computer Vision, Robotics, Sensor Fusion, or Machine Learning
- Experience in shipping computer vision or image processing product to customers
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.