Are you looking for a challenging position that will allow you to direct the future of extended reality for the Agency and the Intelligence Community missions at-large? Are you interested in working hands-on with cutting edge virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies? In the role of Extended Reality Specialist you will have the opportunity to use those technologies. You will have the opportunity to work with internal mission partners and various government organizations to meet the enduring challenges the Agency faces.
As an Extended Reality Specialist, you will use your expertise to interact with Agency officers, researchers, and developers to create methods to extend and immerse individuals in their environments. You will have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise and program management skills to influence the Agency's technology, while also providing you with the ability to stay abreast of all pertinent AR/VR technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, AR/VR headsets, software development, and cloud infrastructure.
Extended Reality Specialists are proactive and effective team players who support components from across the Agency. Your unique skills and experience will be utilized in full to serve our country and aid in collecting valuable intelligence.Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
- Experience in a STEM field, such as:
- Electrical engineering
- Mathematics/applied mathematics
- Physics/applied physics
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer engineering/computer science
- Software engineering
- Aerospace/aeronautical engineering
- Statistics/actual mathematics
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Computational engineering
- Experience with various game engines
- Good fundamental understanding of a range of AI techniques and ability to match techniques to problems
- Leadership abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree in an engineering or computational science equivalent field or sub-field
- Without previous work experience, a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is strongly desired.
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface
- Experience working with haptic devices and AR/VR devices
- Ability to work across, and help guide, diverse teams including leveraging best commercial and industrial capability
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data, to tackle hard problems and provide solutions
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative science, engineering, or other science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) related field
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale