Notre Dame’s Office of Digital Learning ( ODL ) invites applications for an “Extended Reality Student Intern” for the summer semester. The ODL team, known for its blend of innovative learning design and world-class media production, seeks a creative and technically skilled student to join our dynamic team. This role is central to our XR Learning Sprints initiative, where you’ll be involved in developing transformative digital learning experiences across various disciplines, primarily focusing on Virtual Reality (VR) and 360 Video-based VR projects.Essential Responsibilities
- Assist in programming, designing, and developing interactive VR and 360 Video experiences.
- Engage in environmental design and 3D modeling for various extended reality projects.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team and faculty to design and produce innovative learning experiences.
- Contribute to all phases of project development, from conceptualization to implementation.
- Proficiency in Unity programming(C#) and 3D modeling.
- Demonstrated interest in game development, storytelling, and/or education.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Passion for emerging technologies in digital learning.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Office of Digital Learning (28601)Department Website
https://learning.nd.edu/Family / Sub-Family
No Eprism / Intern_No EprismCareer Stream/Level
FLSA Status T1 - Non-exempt Temp/On-call Hourly