The Reality Labs (RL) Platform Display and Optics (D&O) team focuses on moving the state-of-the-art display and optics technologies forward for Meta products, which gives people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. The team is responsible for the technology development and maturation, component design, manufacturing process advancement, and test & integration of display and optics module for all RL productsThe Display Hardware team is looking for an experienced and self-motivated engineer to lead and build one of the best displays. You will be responsible for the display optical performance verification and development of noble matric metrology and optical performance simulation modeling for our growing AR/VR hardware products. You will lead a close-knit group of display experts working on display component design, validation and system integration to implement the custom and novel component technologies into final products. Your work will change the performance and experience of AR/VR hardware through a close collaboration with both internal and external partners.
Display Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead engineering activities to develop advanced OLED architecture for advanced u-OLED display application.
- Define the optical characteristic metrology for display characterization and validation.
- Analyze root cause for display optical failure modes and provide corrective action.
- Lead Design of Experiments (DOE) with internal teams and external partners.
- Set up the optical simulation platform, combining OLED stack up design and ray optics for Meta display product development.
- Work with outsourcings for OLED device and OLED materials FA and analyze data deeply and comprehensively, guiding the team for OLED development.
- Drive both Meta team core teams and vendors to achieve OLED display MP yield target by optimizing from TFT backplane to OLED process.
- Drive FACA, and yield bridge to mass production
- Present timely reports for yield performance and mitigation to achieving target.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the work year.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Optics or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience in the display technology field.
- Experience in the flat panel industry, OLED device design, optimization, and prototyping of OLED display technology.
- Experience with LCD/OLED/LED display characteristics and metrology.
- Experience with semiconductor optics, electronic or physics or organic/inorganic thin film physics and characterization.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ph.D or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, or Optics.
- Academic or industrial experience in OLED device or OLED display lifetime simulation, decay mechanism study and improvement work.
- Experience in delivering MP OLED displays from R&D development based on collaboration with semiconductor, OLED, LCD, LED vendors & device equipment companies.
- Experience in OLED optical simulation to enhance micro cavity, out-coupling, OLED efficiency, the reduction of color cross talk etc.
- Experience in micro lens array (MLA) design and optical simulation.
- Experience with thin film process and characterization and in-depth knowledge of organic & inorganic layers.
- Experience with color science and image processing.
- Programming skills in one of Python, MATLAB, C/C++, Tableau, etc, for massive data collections and analysis.
- Experience in developing metrology systems for display characterization.
- Experience delivering Mass Production of OLED displays from R&D development based on collaboration with OLED material & device equipment vendors.
- Experience with the basic characterization and mechology of OLED materials and devices.
- Experience with OLED optical simulation and OLED stack design.
- Experience with Optical instrument, e.g. CCD/CMOS camera, spectrum meter, colorimeter etc.
- Experience to execute DOE, SPC, failure analysis, FMEA and yield improvement.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.