The Horizon Team at Meta is building a social User Generated Content (UGC) platform where people can find people, places, and things they care about -- a Metaverse without constraints where people have freedom of identity and expression and can experience living virtual worlds that could not exist in the real world. Our vision is to build a global-scale UGC platform where the world’s creators, performers, and more will be able to create their place, and enable their communities to connect, engage and play in all kinds of ways. We are driven to create a safe and compelling metaverse for never-ending exploration -- our journey is just the beginning, come join us. As a Technical Game Designer on the Meta Horizon team, you’ll be at the forefront of prototyping, designing, and shipping VR-best experiences for the ever-expanding Horizon metaverse. You will work with teams of designers, artists, engineers and more to explore innovative core mechanics and game loops for first-party content across Horizon Worlds.
Technical Game Designer Responsibilities:
- Design end-to-end experiences with satisfying and novel core mechanics and loops
- Create prototypes independently and in collaboration with other designers
- Help establish preliminary processes to align cross-functional teams
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design and Product teams
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers, content strategist & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads including user research, data science, and product management
- Clearly articulate prototypes, design decisions, and concepts to a vast set of internal stakeholders,
- Advocate for game design and help us build a great, welcoming, and inclusive game design community within Reality Labs and throughout Meta
- 8+ years of game design experience or a minimum of 2 shipped titles on any platform that have been successful (highly rated, critically acclaimed, award-winning, etc.)
- Experience with technical aspects of game design such as coding in Unity with C# or C++
- Experience leading end-to-end development efforts and designing games from concept to launch and live ops
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with diverse cross functional teams to bring a vision to life
- A portfolio that features some games you have prototyped or shipped, and showcases your game design skills
- Experience developing or designing VR or AR games
- General design knowledge across a range of design specializations
- Experience in design strategy in addition to fluency in executing such as tuning the feel of the game
- Experience utilizing research and data to drive strategy and decision making
- Experience with TypeScript
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.