Meta’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Meta are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Reality Labs (RL) in Pittsburgh is looking for exceptional interns to help us create a revolution in virtual reality: achieving true photorealistic telepresence, where you can be with anyone, anywhere, at any time. We have made some important advances, but it will take a diverse team with a wide spectrum of skills to accomplish this future. If you have expertise in computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics, we expect you will find the work here highly intriguing. We are looking for motivated software, electrical, and mechanical engineers; and strong math skills are always a huge plus. Come join us as we make photorealistic telepresence in VR happen!Work with researchers to help enable their work across the following research disciplines:* Neural Rendering* 3D Audio Reconstruction from Multiple Microphones* Speech Synthesis* High Fidelity Face Model Reconstruction and Tracking* High Fidelity Hand Model Reconstruction and Tracking* High Fidelity Body Model Reconstruction and Tracking* High Fidelity Hair Model Reconstruction and Tracking* Neural Architecture Search and OptimizationOur internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Research Engineer Intern, Photorealistic Telepresence Responsibilities:
- Solve real problems in enabling Photorealistic Telepresence.
- Develop and maintain software tools for processing and analyzing data related to Codec Avatars.
- Build tooling to enable researchers to effective use deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch and TensorBoard in HPC environment.
- Work with researchers to optimize their algorithms and data loaders in order to efficiently take advantage of our massive compute clusters.
- Collaborate with and support researchers across various disciplines.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience with Machine Learning for solving computer vision, computer graphics, or audio synthesis problems.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, or Matlab.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch and TensorBoard.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Masters degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Mathematics or Physics.
- Intent to return to a degree-program after the completion of the internship.
- Experience with systems building in Python or C++.
- Experience with Machine Learning for 3D Data (such as meshes, point clouds, and voxels).
- Experience with Machine Learning for Visual Synthesis or Audio Synthesis.
- Experience with high performance computing and distributed systems.
- Experience with deep learning hardware acceleration (e.g., CUDA).
- Demonstrated engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g., GitHub).
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.