Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.WHAT IS THE ROLE?
As a Manager of the Instructional Design and E-Learning Process, you are passionate about developing others through various platforms and you are excited by the opportunity to create relevant, cutting-edge learning experiences through various technology platforms. You will create learning experiences that excite our associates about their job, the Company, and serving customers. You will build strong relationships with subject matter experts, vendors and other partners to identify and analyze training needs. You will manage Learning projects where you will complete all phases of the instructional design process and you will work with business partners to meet objectives and timelines. You will work with close-knit corporate training team and divisional training teams from around the country to create innovative and engaging curriculum using a variety of learning modalities.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
EXPERIENCE THAT YOU HAVE:
- Analyze, design, develop, and implement job specific training content for retail and supply chain and manufacturing associates.
- Consult with business partners to identify the direction of the learning solution for the training lifecycle, which may include:
- Assist in defining scope, messaging, and program/project objectives.
- Perform learner and needs analysis to identify skill gaps and key learning objectives.
- Work with subject matter experts and/or 3rd party vendors to design curriculum using appropriate learning modalities for the training need.
- Apply project management standards that keeps project team informed by communicating status and results.
- Assist with the development and support of our Learning Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree with course work completed in instructional design, organizational performance/workplace learning, e-learning/learning technologies, measuring learning performance or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in training and development, organization development, analyzing business needs, technical writing skills, designing and delivering training interventions, and gathering feedback on effectiveness, and managing business or training projects.
- Experience creating and implementing training using virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) preferred
- Professional certifications in Training and Development preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing training that focuses on customer service, accuracy, and productivity.
- Experience working in a multi-location business environment preferred.
- You communicate appropriately and effectively with all areas and levels of management
- You know how to determine and apply appropriate training methodologies based on the project/need -- eLearning, virtual reality, micro learning, ILT, virtual training, OTJ training, etc.
- You have used Articulate/Storyline 360, Canva, Vyond, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365 (Office Apps) and you are quick and unafraid to learn new technologies
- Experience training retail or frontline associates in multiple locations is a plus