A leading social tech company is seeking an experienced In-Market product marketing manager to drive and manage in-market hardware/devices across the VR category. - Contract Role, APPLY TODAY!
The team working on Virtual Reality Products at Reality Labs is on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state of the art and groundbreaking research into emerging technologies, software, and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products and supporting existing, in-market products that support this mission.
This candidate will spend a majority of his/her time crafting and executing in-market strategies at the overall VR category level, including supporting devices, accessories, and/or any adjacent product that we merchandise alongside hardware in digital stores/platforms. To be successful, the candidate will bring a combination of strategic vision, strong written and verbal communication skills, collaborative mindset, and in-market hardware management experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate has worked in highly cross-functional, dynamic environments built to move fast with a lot of urgency. Finally, the ability to ruthlessly prioritize, and pivot quickly as needed to manage changing priorities is second nature to this position.
- Partner with Product Ops leadership (Marcom, Content, Comms, Sales, Demand Planning, Data Science, Marketing Insights, Growth, Legal, etc.) to develop and execute holistic in-market programs (including promotions, new market/channel entry, etc.) to drive global momentum for the VR category.
- Bring a consumer lens to inform and guide global go-to-market (GTM) strategic decisions and tradeoffs related to the overall value proposition, product positioning, promotions, cost/pricing, distribution, and lifecycle management.
- Set the strategic vision at the VR category level, impacting the consumer experience around our flagship headsets and influencing cross-functional partners to help bring that vision to life.
- Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to bring along the team horizontally and vertically with regular updates to executive leadership across the organization.
- 10+ years experience with relevant product marketing and/or product management experience in managing a portfolio of hardware devices in market through EOL.
- Experience working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience working with global Sales/Retail on a full ecosystem, including accessories.
- Experience in working with Demand Planning to support monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasting.
- Combination of strategic product marketing experience and hands-on tactical execution.
- Experience in using data and measurement, translating to insights to support managing products in market and guiding GTM strategy.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience and/or domain knowledge in AR/VR/MR, wearable devices, mobile devices, and/or hardware/software platforms.
- Experience with both early stage products and established products.
- Preferred: MBA degree.