Expected compensation: $65.00 - $74.00 per hour
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a 3D Animator to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines such as product design, engineers, producers, product managers, and art direction to ideate, improve art pipelines, and build assets to define the future of VR.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. We’re looking for candidates who are task driven, self-motivated, proactive and work well under deadlines.
As a 3D Animator, You Will
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop prototypes and polished content.
- Provide feedback on externally developed projects.
- Be responsible for outlining asset authoring guidelines, processes and pipeline as needed.
- Work with engineers and technical artists to inform asset creation pipelines.
- Collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs.
- Demonstrate broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist, including shipping one or more titles
- Experience in a wide range of artistic styles, with an emphasis on realistic art
- Knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques relating to environmental design
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers
- Knowledge of DCC packages e.g. Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Generalist knowledge in skills e.g. modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- 5+ years industry experience in games or other 3D interactive media, VR development experience
- Prior virtual reality experience
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide range of interest, especially in games and/or VR
- Technical experience in standard game engines such as Unity or Unreal, and art pipelines
- Experience working in a variety of visual styles
- Shader development experience
- Experience as a Senior Artist in charge of significant aspects of visual development
- Experience with incorporating Matte Painting into environments
Commitment: This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote and is available to candidates local to the Burlingame, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; New York, NY and Houston, TX areas.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.