TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Avatars & Computer Graphics to join the Avatars team at TikTok as an intern. We are the team that builds the platform infrastructure and core technologies for avatars used in various products at TikTok. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our extraordinary team of engineers and researchers to apply the latest and greatest advancements in computer graphics, game engines, machine learning and AR/VR to shape the future of avatars.
This Internship Program runs for 12 weeks beginning in May/June 2023. Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following summer internship cycles below:
1. May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023
2. May 30, 2023 to August 18, 2023
3. June 12, 2023 to September 1, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability clearly in your resume (Start date, End date).
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates' jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
Candidates who pass resume evaluation will be invited to participate in TikTok's technical online assessment in HackerRank.
This internship provides students the opportunity to join one of our engineering teams where you will have the opportunity to:
• Build and optimize core engine functionalities as part of a high-performance, high-quality avatar system including rendering, animation, physics, AI/ML etc.
• Build cross-platform SDK framework to deploy and integrate avatar features into various applications
• Build tools and platforms to accelerate both engineering and scalable asset development
• Partner with product managers, artists and cross-functional engineering teams to launch, iterate and maintain innovative products Qualifications
• Currently pursuing a Undergraduate/Graduate/Master in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Experienced in C/C++ programming
• Experience and knowledge of computer graphics, game engines or AI/ML
• Problem-solving and communication skills
• Passionate about Avatars/CG/AI/VR/AR
• Able to commit to working for 12 weeks during Summer 2023
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Graduating December 2023 onwards with intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship.
• Experience with advanced techniques in real-time rendering, character animation, physics simulation, geometry modeling and machine learning
• Experience building and delivering products in the field of Gaming/AR/VR/AI/ML
• Experience with 3D software such as Maya, Houdini and game engines such Unity, Unreal
• Experience with graphics API such as OpenGL/Metal/Vulkan/DirectX
• Experience with low-level performance profiling and optimization
• Experience with mobile/backend/frontend development
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (hourly)
The hourly rate range for this position in the selected city is $45- $45.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.