TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Avatars & Computer Graphics to join the Avatars team at TikTok. We are the team that builds the platform infrastructure and core technologies for avatars used in various products at TikTok. You will have the opportunity to be a part of our extraordinary team of engineers and researchers to apply the latest and greatest advancements in computer graphics, game engines, machine learning and AR/VR to shape the future of avatars. Working in a fast-paced team with a highly collaborative setup, you will help deliver impactful avatar products to delight and inspire millions of users every day.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following start dates below:
1. January 16, 2023
2. February 6, 2023
3. March 6, 2023
4. May 22, 2023
5. June 12, 2023
6. July 17, 2023
7. August 14, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability and graduation date clearly in your resume.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates' jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
Candidates who pass resume evaluation will be invited to participate in TikTok's technical online assessment in HackerRank.
• Build and optimize core engine functionalities as part of a high-performance, high-quality avatar system including rendering, animation, physics, AI/ML etc.
• Build cross-platform SDK framework to deploy and integrate avatar features into various applications
• Build tools and platforms to accelerate both engineering and scalable asset development
• Partner with product managers, artists and cross-functional engineering teams to launch, iterate and maintain innovative products
• Final year or recent graduate with a Bachelors/Masters background in
Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a
related technical discipline
• Experience in C/C++ programming
• Experience and knowledge of computer graphics, game engines
• Problem-solving and communication skills
• Passionate about Avatars/CG/VR/AR
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Experience with advanced techniques in real-time rendering, character
animation, physics simulation, geometry modeling and machine learning
• Experience building and delivering products in the field of Gaming/AR/VR/ML
• Experience with 3D software such as Maya, Houdini and game engines such
• Experience with graphics API such as OpenGL/Metal/Vulkan/DirectX
• Experience with low-level performance profiling and optimization
• Experience with mobile/backend/frontend development
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.