Expected compensation: $61.00 - $70.00 per hour
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Sound Designer and Coder (AR/VR) to help create the future of remote presence by designing sound for the company's platforms.
The ideal candidate can work effortlessly across styles and genres, has an ear for quality, and a ready sense of curiosity and sonic adventure.
As a Sound Designer And Coder (AR/VR), You’ll
- Create world-class sound design for immersive social VR experiences.
- Work hands-on crafting and implementing a variety of sounds.
- Help develop creator-facing tools in the company's product.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package
- Expert experience level in Unity
- Expert experience level working in AR/VR
- Expert experience level in C++, C sharp
- 8+ years of professional sound design and implementation experience focused on high-quality games or other interactive experiences
- Experience in a varied aesthetic sense with an understanding of sonic experiences, and experience executing at a high level across genres and styles
- Experience working with spatialize audio in an interactive environment
- Experience working directly in game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, etc.) and with audio middleware (e.g. Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems on large teams (e.g. Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt. It will be available to candidates local to the Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA and Baltimore, MD areas.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.