TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us?
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The XR Engine and Runtime team builds the core technologies to make the immersive XR experience possible. From runtime software to developer SDK and game engines, the team is responsible for creating and optimizing XR technologies vertically across the software stacks, empowering our developers to create the best XR applications.
This Internship Program is for 12 weeks duration beginning in May/June 2023. Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following summer internship cycles below:
1. May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023
2. May 29, 2023 to August 18, 2023
3. June 12, 2023 to September 1, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability clearly in your resume (Start date, End date).
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates' jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
Candidates who pass resume evaluation will be invited to participate in TikTok's technical online assessment in HackerRank.
This internship provides students the opportunity to join one of our engineering teams where you will have the opportunity to:
- Optimize and develop new features for XR Engines (Unity / Unreal）
- Working on Pico XR Runtime and SDK development
- Support Developer ecosystem with tools
- Currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Graduate/Master's/PhD in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Able to commit to working for 12 weeks during Summer 2023
- Good understanding of computer graphics and GPU graphics pipeline
- Familiar with one or more graphics API (Vulkan/OpenGL/DirectX/Metal)
- Experience in C++ / C# Programming
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Passionate about VR/AR
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.